University Council On Teacher Education (UCOTE)
The University of Florida’s University Council On Teacher Education (UCOTE)’s mission is to explore and discuss trends, improvements, and possibilities in professional education and to insure that UF remain at the forefront of scholarship and practice in educator preparation.
UCOTE meets this mission through:
- Developing policies in all unit-wide matters relating to educator-preparation programs.
- Monitoring state and national policies and overseeing how the unit implements state and national accreditation standards.
- Advocating for educator preparation programs in the university and state.
- Creating collaborations among the university, P-12 education partners, and other external state and national education constituencies.
- Promoting collaborations across UF colleges and department especially related to professional educator preparation programs.
- Working to create and maintain partnerships with public schools, school districts, and other groups that help improve the quality of education and educator preparation in the state.