Admissions for Online/Hybrid Ed.D.
Please Note: Applications are closed for the 2018 Higher Ed Admin LEAD cohort that will begin in January.
Admissions to the Higher Ed Admin LEAD Ed.D. Cohort only occurs during every EVEN Spring Semester. Applications for admission consideration to the online/blended 2020 Higher Ed Admin LEAD Ed.D. Cohort will be accepted beginning January 15, 2019.
Admission decisions to the LEAD Ed.D. program rest on a number of factors. Program faculty carefully read through the submitted writing sample to determine evidence of ability to write at a graduate level. Undergraduate and any previous graduate transcripts are carefully examined to determine if a student has demonstrated a historical record of academic success. Department faculty carefully weigh student personal statements and goals against program missions to determine if an appropriate fit is evident. Finally, letters of recommendation are read for external evidence of graduate potential.
Admission standards are set by the Graduate School of the University of Florida, the College of Education and the program area to which you are applying. This web page provides you with the Graduate School, College of Education, and the Higher Education Administration and Policy program minimum admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or terminal degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a degree deemed equivalent by the University Of Florida Office Of Admission.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 upper-division (last 60 credits) undergraduate work.
- An acceptable graduate grade point average for previous graduate work.
- An acceptable score on the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). We will consider applications from individuals who have acceptable scores on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- Candidates for the LEAD Ed.D. may be subjected to an interview for further evidence of program fit and scholarly potential.
All required application material must be received by the posted deadline.
For questions regarding the application process please review the application procedure. For additional questions or concern not addressed on the webpage or to check on the status of your application please email Angela Rowe at email@example.com