Potential Graduate Assistantships/Positions
This page was last updated on February 27, 2014. Check back often for updates on positions!
Priority consideration will be given to Graduate Assistantship applications received by February 10, 2014. Applications will continue to be accepted, however, until all positions are filled.
Departments within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Florida and Santa Fe College, as well as related departments and colleges, provide employment opportunities for graduate students interested in pursuing a career in a student affairs related field. These graduate positions enable students to combine the knowledge learned in the classroom with the experience of working in a professional setting. In other words, theory is put into practice. The personal and professional skills gained will be beneficial throughout a professional career. Therefore, SPHE candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for graduate assistantships/positions to complement their academic experience.
This application is for graduate student employment (typically 20 hour per week positions for the academic year). Some assistantships/positions are also available in the summer. Candidates must be accepted to a graduate program at the University of Florida in order to obtain graduate employment.
Some terminology to be aware of: ASSISTANTSHIPS typically include a stipend, tuition waiver, and health care; POSITIONS typically do not include tuition waiver or health care, but do include a competitive stipend and other benefits.
University of Florida Positions
- UF Alumni Association Graduate Intern- Cicerones Advisor Job Description OPEN for 2014-15 (position added 2.27.14)
- Student Organizations & Campus Events OPEN for 2014-15
- UF Sorority and Fraternity Affairs Graduate Assistant Position filled through Spring 2015
- Florida Opportunity Scholars Graduate Assistant Position not currently available
- Florida Opportunity Scholars – First Gen GA Job Description OPEN for 2014-15 (position updated 2.27.14)
- Career Events Graduate Assistant 2014-15 OPEN for 2014-15
- Employer Services Graduate Assistant 2014-15 OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CRC Intern – Campus Partnerships Employer Development OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CRC Intern – Local Employer Development OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CRC Intern – National Employer Development OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CRC Diversity Grad Assistant OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CRC Experiential Education GA OPEN for 2014-15
- UF Academic Advising GA 2014 2 positions OPEN for 2014-15
- UF CLAS Pre-Health Academic Advising GA 1 position OPEN for 2014-15
- UF Warrington COB Career & Leadership Programs Graduate Assistant 2013-2015 Position filled for 2013-14
- GA in Academic Advising & Career Coaching – Business Position filled through Spring 2015
- COE Recruitment and Retention Graduate Assistant Position filled for 2013-14
- UF College of Education Office of Student Services GA -2014 Position filled through Spring 2015
- UF College of Education Online Concurrent Enrollment Student Services GA OPEN for 2014-15
- CLS Graduate Assistantship – CLS Ambassadors OPEN for 2014-15
- CLS Graduate Assistantship – Community Engagement Coordinator OPEN for 2014-15
- New Student & Family Programs – First Year Transition Programs Position filled through Spring 2015
- New Student & Family Programs – Orientation & Family Programs OPEN for 2014-15
- New Student & Family Programs Marketing & Special Populations OPEN for 2014-15
- Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution Graduate Assistant 2 positions filled through Spring 2015
- UF Dean of Students Graduate Assistant Position filled through Spring 2015
- Off Campus Life GA Position filled through Spring 2015
- GatorWell Graduate Student Position OPEN for 2014-15
- Multicultural & Diversity Affairs -Institute of Hispanic-Latino Cultures OPEN for 2014-15
- Multicultural & Diversity Affairs – Institute of Black Culture OPEN for 2014-15
- MCDA GA Job Description Fall 2014 OPEN for 2014-15
For more information about graduate positions available in Housing and Residence Education, go to: http://www.housing.ufl.edu/employment/by-type/grad/. If you are interested in one of these positions, FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS included at the bottom of this page first. You may then be asked to complete a follow-up application specifically from Housing & Residence Education later.
- Graduate Hall Director (GHD) OPEN – multiple positions available for 2014-15
- Student Learning and Engagement (SLE) Graduate Position OPEN for 2014-15
- Conduct and Community Standards Graduate Position Position filled through Spring 2015
- Community Assistant Positions filled through Spring 2015.
- JWRU Operations Graduate Assistant Position filled through Spring 2015
- UF Programs, Arts, & Leisure – Gator Nights GA OPEN for 2014-15
For more information about graduate assistantships available in Recreational Sports, go to: http://recsports.ufl.edu/about/student-employment/graduate-assistantships/.If you are interested in any of these positions, please follow the application instructions on the Recreational Sports Graduate Assistantships webpage.
Santa Fe College Positions
Positions available for 2014-2015 may include (check back for updates):
- Santa Fe College Multicultural Students Center Graduate Position
- Santa Fe College Student Life Business Office Graduate Position OPEN for 2014-15 (updated position description coming soon!)
- Student Leadership & Activities Graduate Position