Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
SPHE CANDIDATES ONLY APPLY HERE:
UF SFC Graduate Assistant Application Interest Form-2019 (will download as a form for to complete and return)
Click here to read COUNCIL OF GRADUATE SCHOOLS‚ APRIL 15 RESOLUTION
NOTE: This page is currently being updated with available assistantships for 2019-20. In the meantime, you can still indicate your interest in positions on the UF SFC Graduate Assistant Application Interest Form-2019. As positions are available, your application will be shared with those hiring supervisors.
Departments within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Florida and Student Affairs at Santa Fe College, as well as related departments and colleges, provide employment opportunities for graduate students interested in pursuing a career in a student affairs related field. These graduate positions enable students to combine the knowledge learned in the classroom with the experience of working in a professional setting. In other words, theory is put into practice. The personal and professional skills gained will be beneficial throughout a professional career.
If you plan to attend the SPHE program as a full-time student, please submit a UF SFC Graduate Assistant Application Interest Form-2019 when you submit your UF and SPHE program applications. These are separate but concurrent processes. First priority for admissions to the SPHE program will be given to candidates who apply, interview, and are slated to be offered Graduate Assistantships/Employment due to the “theory-to-practice” nature of the program.
This application is for graduate student employment (typically 20 hour per week positions for the academic year). Some assistantships/positions are also available in the summer. Candidates must be accepted to a graduate program at the University of Florida in order to obtain graduate employment. (NOTE: First preference is given to students applying to the SPHE master’s degree program.)
Some terminology to be aware of: ASSISTANTSHIPS typically include a stipend, tuition waiver, and health care; POSITIONS typically do not include tuition waiver or health care, but do include a competitive stipend and other benefits.
University of Florida Positions
- School of Business – International Programs & Academic Advising Position not currently available
- UF College of Business Career & Leadership Programs GA Position 2018-2019 Position filled
- UF Heavener School of Business – AACC GA Position Position filled
- UF Brown Center for Leadership and Service GA 2018-19 Position filled
- UF Sorority and Fraternity Affairs GA 2018-19 position not currently available
- UF Student Activities – Student Organizations and Event GA 2018-19 position not currently available
- UF CRC Career Events Graduate Assistant 2018-2019 position filled
- UF Gator Career Closet- Community Engagement Graduate Assistant – Position filled
- UF CRC Prof Devo & Industry Education Position filled
- F CRC Career and Professional Development Experiential Ed GA – Position filled
- UF College of Education Office of Student Services GA Position not currently available
- UF Student Conduct Conflict Resolution GA 2018-19 Position filled
- UF Dean of Students Office GA Position filled
- UF NSFP-Transitions GA 2018-19 position filled
- UF NSFP Family Programs & Engagement GA Position filled
- UF NSFP Orientation GA 2018-19 Position filled
- UF New Student & Family Programs – Special Populations GA – Position filled
- UF Off Campus Life – GA 2018-19 Program and Event Planning – position filled
- UF Off Campus Life Social Media Marketing GA Position filled
- UF Off Campus Life – GA 2018-19 Graphic Design – Position filled
- UF Office of Hispanic Latino Affairs GA Position filled
- UF Office of LGBTQ Affairs GA – position not available
- UF Office of Black Affairs GA Position filled
- UF Office of Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs GA – position filled
- UF Housing & Residence Education GHD 2018-19 Positions filled
- UF Housing & Residence Education Student Learning & Engagement 2018-19 Position filled
- UF Housing – Conduct and Community Standards Position filled
- UF JWRU Graduate-Training and Development Assistant 2018.2019 Position filled
- JWRU Operations Graduate Assistant Position not currently available
- UF GatorNights Graduate Assistant 2018-19 position filled
- UF Reitz Union Programs GA Position filled
- UF Reitz Union Marketing GA Position filled
For more information about graduate assistantships available in Recreational Sports, go to: http://recsports.ufl.edu/about/student-employment/graduate-assistantships/. If you are interested in any of these positions, please follow the application instructions on the Recreational Sports Graduate Assistantships webpage. Please note the application due dates, as they differ from the dates listed on this page for other GAs.
If your question has not been answered, please e-mail Dr. Kelli Peck Parrott at email@example.com for more information.
The information on this page was last updated on July 19, 2018.
Santa Fe College Positions
- SFC Multicultural Center Graduate Assistantship
- Santa Fe College Student Life Business Office Graduate Position – Position filled
- SFC Student Leadership & Activities Graduate Position – Position filled