Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
Departments within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Florida and Student Affairs at Santa Fe College, as well as related departments and colleges, provide employment opportunities for graduate students interested in pursuing a career in a student affairs related field. These graduate positions enable students to combine the knowledge learned in the classroom with the experience of working in a professional setting. In other words, theory is put into practice. The personal and professional skills gained will be beneficial throughout a professional career.
If you plan to attend the SPHE program as a full-time student, please submit a UF SFC Graduate Assistant Application Interest Form 2017 when you submit your UF and SPHE program applications. These are separate but concurrent processes. First priority for admissions to the SPHE program will be given to candidates who apply, interview, and are slated to be offered Graduate Assistantships/Employment due to the “theory-to-practice” nature of the program.
This application is for graduate student employment (typically 20 hour per week positions for the academic year). Some assistantships/positions are also available in the summer. Candidates must be accepted to a graduate program at the University of Florida in order to obtain graduate employment. (NOTE: First preference is given to students applying to the SPHE master’s degree program.)
Some terminology to be aware of: ASSISTANTSHIPS typically include a stipend, tuition waiver, and health care; POSITIONS typically do not include tuition waiver or health care, but do include a competitive stipend and other benefits.
University of Florida Positions
- School of Business – International Programs & Academic Advising Position not currently available
- UF Career & Leadership Programs – Heavener School of Business GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF Heavener School of Business – AACC GA Position Position filled for 2016-17
- UF CRC Career Events Graduate Assistant 2016-17 Position filled for 2016-17
- UF CRC GA for Industry Relations Position available for 2017-18
- UF CRC Prof Devo & Industry Education Position filled for 2016-17
- UF CRC Intern – Campus Partnerships Employer Development Position not currently available
- UF CRC Intern – Local Employer Development Position not currently available
- UF CRC Intern Employer Development Position filled for 2016-17
- UF CRC Career and Professional Development Experiential Ed GA – Position available for 2017-18
- UF College of Education Office of Student Services GA Position filled for 2016-17
- UF Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution GA 2 positions available for 2017-18
- UF Dean of Students Office GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF New Student & Family Programs Transition Programs GA Position available for 2017-19
- UF NSFP Family Programs & Engagement GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF NSFP Orientation-Staff Devo Position filled for 2017-18
- UF NSFP At-Risk Students & Special Populations Position filled
- UF Off Campus Life Graduate Assistant – Programming & Event Planning Position filled for 2017-18
- UF Off Campus Life Social Media Marketing GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF Off Campus Life Graduate Assistant – Graphic Design – Position filled
- UF Office of Hispanic Latino Affairs GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF Office of LGBTQ Affairs GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF Office of Black Affairs GA Position available for 2017-18
- UF Office of Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs GA Position available for 2017-18
For more information about graduate assistantships available in Recreational Sports, go to: http://recsports.ufl.edu/about/student-employment/graduate-assistantships/. If you are interested in any of these positions, please follow the application instructions on the Recreational Sports Graduate Assistantships webpage. Please note the application due dates, as they differ from the dates listed on this page for other GAs.
If your question has not been answered, please e-mail Dr. Porter-Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The information on this page was last updated on February 9, 2017.
Santa Fe College Positions
- SFC Multicultural Center Graduate Assistantship 2016-2017
- Santa Fe College Student Life Business Office Graduate Position – Position filled
- SFC Student Leadership & Activities Graduate Position – position available for 2017-18