Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
- Applications for Summer term should be received by February 15th.
- Applications for Fall term should be received by May 15th.
- Applications for Spring term should be received by October 15th.
- Please give yourself a minimum of two weeks prior to the application deadline to allow the university to receive official GRE scores.
- All application material should be received by the deadline.
- Application information is found on the admissions page. All application materials, including GRE scores and transcripts, should be received by the application deadline. Please note that proof of immunization is not needed for online master’s degree program.
- After an application has been submitted, please notify Angela Rowe (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail that your online application has been submitted. This is to allow receipt of your application materials in a timely manner.
- Financial aid information is available from the UF Office of Financial Aid at http://www.sfa.ufl.edu. The financial aid process can take up to several months from submission to approval and disbursement. This should be incorporated into the student’s plan for admission and done well in advance of acceptance and the begin date for the program. http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/applying/timeline/
- Yes, applicants are required by the UF Graduate School to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to qualify for admission consideration to the master’s degree program. Additionally, scores must be less than 5 years old to be considered eligible. New prospective students to UF with scores 5 years or older must retake the GRE. Students who previously attend UF with official GRE scores on file may not be required to retake the GRE. GRE scores should be sent using the following Institution Codes: University Code – 5812 and Educational Leadership Code – 3001.
- No, this master’s program does not accept GMAT scores. Only GRE scores may be submitted for consideration.
- Typically students enroll in two classes (6 credits) each semester. and the total credits required for graduation is 36.
- With the class enrollment noted above, a student should expect to complete the degree requirements within two years. If a student enrolls in more or fewer classes a semester, the program can be done quicker or slower. The specific Program Plan is developed between the student and the program coordinator.
- No. Neither past teaching experience nor teacher certification are required in order to qualify for this degree program.
- However, please note this program does not provide teacher certification, but rather Florida educational leadership certification.
- Field Experience requirement: The Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) requires a field experience for all persons working toward Florida educational leadership certification. The requirement includes a minimum of 150 hours of practicum experience working directly with a Florida certified principal in a Florida school site.
- The M.Ed. Online program offers this field experience in a course entitled EDA 6948 Supervised Practice in School Administration, which is normally taken within the last two semesters for the degree. This practicum course requires a student to work with a site supervisor who holds principal certification from the State of Florida and a university supervisor, who is the instructor for the course. The state required 150 hour minimum of field experience is completed by the student in a school setting. The site supervisor and university supervisor together evaluate the student on completion of the field experience.
- Students outside the State of Florida are required to complete a similar Field Experience where they reside. The course requires 150 hour minimum of field experience in a school or educational setting with a local site supervisor approved by the university supervisor.
- It is recommended, but not required, that applicants submit their two most recent annual teacher evaluations with application materials.
- Students outside the State of Florida are eligible for the program, but must complete a Field Experience (EDA 7945) in the state of residence at a school or educational site with a local Site Supervisor. Eligibility for certification outside the State of Florida is the responsibility of the student. A Final Comprehensive Exam is completed at the end of the program in lieu of the Florida Educational Leadership Exam (FELE).
- To check the status of your application, please contact Angela Rowe at email@example.com.
- If you have more specific questions about the M.Ed. Online Program in EL you may contact the M.Ed. Online in EL Program Coordinator Dr. Cathy Atria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2017 semester begins May 8th
Fall 2017 semester begins August 21st
Spring 2018 semester begins January 8th
- Cost per Credit Hour: $734
- Cost per Course: $2,202
- Program Cost: $26,424
Please Note: The only additional requirement for students is to purchase an account in LiveText for $133 in the first semester of the program. The above pricing includes all University fees and is the same for all students, regardless of state of residency. We strive to accurately represent the actual cost of the program for you. Additionally, this is an off book/self funded program and does not qualify for the University of Florida Employee Education Plan (EEP), the State of Florida tuition waiver or any other type waiver plan. Read more about eligibility for coverage under the EEP.
- Summer 2017 tuition is due by 3:30 pm on May 19th.
- Fall 2017 tuition is due by 3:30 pm on September 1st.
- Spring 2018 tuition is due by 3:30 pm on January 19th.