We enroll a cohort every other year. Our next cohort will be offered Fall 2018 and the deadline for applications is January 15, 2018. All applications will be reviewed only after the deadline. Admission to the online Ed.D. in Educational Technology requires
A completed Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
A recent (less than 5 years old) GRE score. This requirement is non-negotiable. The University of Florida’s Office of Admissions will only accept scores sent directly from ETS. You can send the scores using school code 5812.
Letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your current work and your likelihood of success in graduate school.
A statement of purpose.
A writing sample (e.g. a publication, report or an essay or paper previously submitted as an assignment).
The online application can be found here. Other deadlines in our college might be in February, but our deadline is in January.
We strongly recommend that applicants read some of our program research in order to judge whether our program is a good fit for them. The admission process for this program is very competitive. We typically accept approximately 30% of the folks who apply so we can keep the cohort to a manageable number and provide personalized attention.
We are looking for individuals who:
– understand the professional nature of our Ed.D. Program.
– work in a setting that will enable synthesis of theory, research and practice
– read, read, read and synthesize what they read into their work
– will contribute to the community of practice
– excel in communication and collaboration
– demonstrate strong writing skills
– show evidence of intrinsic motivation and the ability to manage time wisely
– show evidence of academic potential through GRE scores and previous GPA results.