Clinical Assistant Professor
I have also worked with PK-12 teachers in rural, urban, and suburban schools through grants designed to promote authentic technology integration. In addition, I have collaborated with a research team investigating how authentic teaching and learning through a 5E lesson design approach influences student attitudes, emotions, and cognition.
As a former (yet always, at heart) middle school ELA teacher, I am interested in how writers (students and teachers alike) engage in processes and craft products in a variety of situations and for specific purposes. Moreover, I consider how diverse teacher and student populations learn and use multiple literacies within and beyond the classroom and in the ways that technology is shifting conceptions of literacy morphing from reading and writing to be inclusive of critical thinking, researching, and multimodal expressions.
- School of Teaching and Learning
Adult Education, Curriculum Development, Curriculum Integration, Literacy, Methodological Research, Middle School / Jr. High, Online and Distance Education, Postsecondary Education, Professional Development, Professional Development Schools, Qualitative Research, School Curriculum Areas and Issues, Teacher Education, Teacher Quality, Writing
- Ph.D. in Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum; English Education, 2017 University of Oklahoma
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education, 2013 University of Central Oklahoma
- B.S. in Language Arts Education, 2008 University of Oklahoma
- Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Teaching and Learning, University of Florida, 2018-Present
- Curriculum Specialist, K20 Center for Educational and Community Renewal, University of Oklahoma, 2015-2018
- Adjunct Instructor, College of Education and Professional Studies, University of Central Oklahoma, 2015-2017
Activities and Honors
- Oklahoma Writing Project Coach, June 2017
- Reviewer, Educational Researcher, 2016-Present
- Editorial Review Board, Study and Scrutiny: Research on Young Adult Literature, 2016-Present
- Webmaster and Director of Social Media, Oklahoma Council of Teachers of English, 2015-2018
- Editorial Review Board, Voices from the Middle, 2015-Present
- Oklahoma Writing Project Teacher Consultant, 2015-2018
- OU LGBTQ Faculty Ally, 2014-2018
- Jeter, G., Rule Wicker, M., & Young, S. (2017). Two teachers' transfer from the Oklahoma Writing Project to their classrooms. Oklahoma English Journal, 30(1),
- Jeter, G. (2016). Bridging the reading-writing gap in ELA curriculum. Oklahoma English Journal, 29(2), 26-28.
- Jeter, G. (2016). Fostering 'good' writers: Making writing meaningful. Voices from the Middle, 23(4), 62-65.
- Jeter, G. (2016). Communities of Practice review: Implications for education. Oklahoma English Journal, 28(2), 87-92.
- "Teachers as Writers and Teachers of Writing" chair of the roundtable session with Jane Baber, Stacy Courtright, Jennifer Dorsey, Josh Flores, Crag Hill, Julianna Kershen, Rebecca Maldonado, Lara Searcy, and Shelly K. Unsicker-Durham. National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, St. Louis, MO, November 2017.
- "Sounding Our Voices: Podcasting in and beyond Our Classrooms" in the panel presentation with Alex Corbitt, Will Fassbender, Katrina Gonzales, Sara Kajder, Beth Shaum, Katherine Sokolowski, Gretchen Taylor, and Shelbie Witte. National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, St. Louis, MO, November 2017.
- "Insights from the Inside: The Impact of Authentic Teaching and Learning" with Alexandra Stroukoff, Danny Mattox, and Cacey Wells. National Council for Community and Education Partnerships GEAR UP Conference, San Francisco, CA, July 2017.
- "Advocating for Authenticity: Instructional Strategies based on an Authentic Framework to Promote Critical Literacy." Classroom demonstration with Aimee Myers. National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, Atlanta, GA, November 2016.
- "Authentically Sustainable LEARNing for Urban Schools: The Lesson and Engaging Activities Repository Network." Poster presentation with Jackie Mania-Singer and Aimee Myers. International Conference on Urban Education, San Juan, PR, November 2016. ?
- "First Year Composition: Teaching for Transfer" in the panel presentation with Jenia Walter and John Gallagher, "Teaching Techniques." National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, Minneapolis, MN, November 2015.
- "Creating Multimodal Arguments" in the panel presentation with Co-Chair Crag Hill and speakers Kerry Friesen and Kenzie Pratt, "Multimodal Composition: Expressive and Academic." National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention, Minneapolis, MN, November 2015.
- "Middle School Teacher Attitudes toward Student Learning and Late Start Teacher Collaboration Time." Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association Annual Conference, Edmond, OK, October 2013.