Gainesville, FL 32611
- School of Teaching and Learning
- Education Policy Research Center
Field Experience, Informal/Nonformal Ed, International Education, Mathematics Education, Multicultural and Minority Education, Postsecondary Education, Professional Development, Secondary / High School Transition, Service Learning
- Ed.D. in Mathematics Education, 2008 Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.A. in Mathematics Education, 2005 Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A. in Mathematics, 2002 Hartwick College
- Affiliate Research Scientist - Worcester Polytechnic Institute, STEM Education Center, 2018 - 2019
- AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow - National Science Foundation (NSF), Joint appointment: Division of Mathematical Sciences and Division of Graduate Education, 2017 - 2019
- Assistant Professor; Mathematics Education Coordinator - State University of New York at New Paltz, 2014 - 2018
- Education Policy Fellow; Legislative Assistant - United States Senate, 2016 - 2017
- Program Director, Permanent Lecturer in Mathematics Education - National University of Ireland, Galway, 2009 - 2014
Activities and Honors
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Science and Technology Policy Fellowship, 2017 - 2019
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) Congressional Fellowship, 2016 - 2017
International Mathematics Enrichment Project (IMEP): South Africa
- Rupert Foundation
- 2015 - present
Enhancing Learning with 3-D Printing in the Secondary Mathematics Classroom
- SUNY Teacher and Leader Education Network
- 2015 - 2018
Examination of the Mathematical Knowledge and Development of Out-of-Field Mathematics Teachers in the Professional Diploma in Mathematics for Teaching
- National Centre for STEM Education (EPI-STEM), Ireland
- 2013 - 2018
National Professional Development Program for Out-of-Field Mathematics Teachers
- Department of Education and Skills (DES), Ireland.
- 2012 - 2018
- Paolucci, C. and Wessels, H. (In press). The International Mathematics Enrichment Project (IMEP): Enhancing teacher preparation through international community engagement. In H. Rosario (Ed.) Mathematical Outreach: Explorations in Social Justice Around the Globe. Singapore: World Scientific.
- O'Dwyer, L. and Paolucci, C. (2019). Challenges in practice: A critical examination of efforts to link teacher practices and student achievement. In L. Suter, E. Smith, & B. Denman (Eds.) Handbook on Comparative Studies in Education: Practices and experiences in student schooling and learning (pp. 469-489). London: Sage.
- Ní Ríordáin, M., Paolucci, C. and Lyons, T. (2019). Teacher professional competence: What can be learned about the knowledge and practices needed for teaching? In L. Hobbs, G. Törner (Eds.) Examining the Phenomenon of "Teaching Out-of-field": International Perspectives on Teaching as a Non-specialist (pp.129-149). Singapore: Springer Nature.
- McNamara, A. and Paolucci, C. (2016). Creating a gesture-based game for the mathematics classroom: Applications and considerations. In P. Felicia (Ed.) Game-Based Learning and the Power of Play: Exploring evidence, challenges and future directions (pp. 230-248). UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- McNamara, A. and Paolucci, C. (2014). Gesture-based computing in the mathematics classroom. In P. Felicia (Ed.) Game-Based Learning: Opportunities and challenges (pp. 55-76). UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Paolucci, C. (2018). From Campus to Congress: Navigating policy, procedure, and politics as an AMS Congressional Fellow. Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 65(2), 178-180.