The School of Teaching and Learning in the College of Education at the University of Florida (UF) seeks to hire a full-time Post-Doctoral Associate in science education. The start date for this position will be August 2010 and the appointment period will be 12 months. UF is strongly committed to diversity of its workplace. The School of Teaching and Learning eagerly invites applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for the position.
1. Contribute to research projects that explore student learning in science, innovative teaching practices and contexts for science education.
- Assist in collection and analysis of student learning data.
- Assist in development of classroom-based case studies.
- Assist in preparation of project reports and documents.
- Assist in development of research manuscripts.
2. Pursue an independent line of scholarly productivity consistent with the successful candidate’s research agenda.
3. Design and/or teach science education courses in accordance with experience and expertise.
- Earned doctorate in science education or a related field. Individuals who have completed all major requirements for their doctoral degree but will not have graduated by August 2010 may be considered for the position.
- Documented competencies for conducting and disseminating educational research.
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively and a commitment to collegiality
- Record of scholarly publications.
- Teaching experience at the K-12 and college/university levels.
- Experience with and/or interest in one or more of the following areas of science education scholarship: socio-scientific issues, argumentation, scientific practices, scientific literacy, and technology to support learning.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should send the following materials to Leela Kumaran via email (firstname.lastname@example.org): (1) a letter of application addressing qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) contact information for three references who may be contacted during the search process. Troy Sadler, Associate Professor of Science Education, will serve as the Post-Doctoral Associate’s immediate supervisor and will coordinate the search process. Questions about the position may be addressed to Dr. Sadler (email@example.com).
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution. The selection process will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Florida’s “Government in the Sunshine” and Public Records laws. Search Committee meetings and interviews are open to the public and all applications, resumes, and other documents related to the search will be available for public inspection.