The UFSJS objectives are to:
- Give a voice to common issues faced by people with underrepresented and marginalized identities and the impact of injustice on underprivileged and privileged individuals and our communities.
- Promote professional development for those who serve diverse communities as mental health practitioners, student services administrators, and those in academia.
- Stimulate discussion and endorse greater scholarly attention related to social justice.
- Support collaboration between various disciplines engaged in social justice related research, focusing on the ways in which interdisciplinary collaboration can advance the broader field of social justice research.
- Highlight culturally responsive strategies and practices to serve diverse populations and to promote and teach student advocacy.
- Provide space for diverse promotion of justice
- Engage in active allyship and advocacy