Interim Associate Dean for Academic & Student Affairs; Clinical Professor
PO Box 117040
Gainesville FL 32611
- School of Special Education School Psychology and Early Childhood Studies
Achievement, Adolescent Literacy, Assessment and Evaluation, At Risk and Related Issues, Clinical Interventions, Collaboration and Teaming, Disabilities Assessment and Outcomes, Diverse Learners, Early Childhood Literacy, Educational Assessment and Measurement, Educational Studies, Inclusion, Intervention, Language, Language and Literacy Development, Learning Disabilities / RTI, Literacy, Methodological Research, Middle School / Jr. High, Mild and Moderate Disabilities, Primary / Elementary, Psychological Studies, Reading, Research / Program Evaluation, School Psychology, Special Education, Systematic Review Methods and Meta-analysis, Young Children at Risk
- Ph.D. - University of Florida, 2005, School Psychology
- M.A.E. - University of Florida, 2002, School Psychology
- B.A. - University of Central Florida, 1998, Psychology
- Clinical Professor and Director of Assessment and Accreditation, College of Education, University of Florida, 2022 - present
- Scholar and Director of Assessment and Accreditation, College of Education, University of Florida, 2022
- Associate Scholar and Director of Assessment and Accreditation, College of Education, University of Florida, 2017 - 2022
- Assistant Scholar and Director of Assessment and Accreditation, College of Education, University of Florida, 2006 - 2017
- Psychoeducational Consultant, Multidisciplinary Diagnostic and Training Program, University of Florida, 2005 - 2006
Activities and Honors
- Member, Technical Advisory Committee, Florida Teacher Certification and Educational Leadership Examinations, Florida Bureau of Postsecondary Assessment (2018)
- Councilor, Accreditation Council, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) (2018-2021)
- Evaluator and Negotiator, Procurement Committee for Development and Administration of Certification Examinations for Florida Educators, Bureau of Postsecondary Assessment, Division of Accountability, Research, and Measurement, Florida Department of Education (2017)
- Chair, e-Portfolio Task Force, UF Quest, University of Florida (2016)
- Research Committee Chair and Executive Board Member, Florida Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (2014-2017)
- Invited Subject Matter Expert, Florida Teacher Certification Examinations, Professional Education, Test Item Development (2012)
- Consultant, IES Evaluation of the IDEA Personnel Development Program, IHE Study Review Panel, Westat (2010)
- Licensed Psychologist, Florida, PY 8190 (issued 2010)
- Certified School Psychologist, FLDOE 982539 (issued 2006)
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) - (issued 2006)
- Recipient of the Florida Association of School Psychologists (FASP) Outstanding Research Stipend Award - 2001 and 2003
Revision of Initial and Continued Approval Standards Guidelines
- Florida Department of Education
- April - June, 2013
- Colón, E., & Dana, T. (2015). Continuous program improvement: A work in progress. Assessment Update, 27(5), 1-16.
- Colón, E.P., & Kranzler, J.H. (2006). Effect of instructions on curriculum-based measurement of reading. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 24, 318-328.
- Brownell, M.T., Ross, D.D., Colón, E.P. & McCallum, C.L. (2005). Critical features of special education teacher preparation: A comparison with general teacher education. The Journal of Special Education, 38(4), 242-252.
- Colón, E.P., & Kranzler, J.H. (2003, Winter). The effects of the manipulation instructions on reading performance for Curriculum-Based Measurement. The Florida School Psychologist, 30, 18-20.