Professor of Speech-Language Pathology
PO Box 117050
Gainesville, FL 32611
Spoken and Written Language development and disabilities with specialization in dyslexia.
- School of Special Education School Psychology and Early Childhood Studies
- University of Florida Literacy Institute
Adolescent Literacy, Early Childhood, Early Childhood Literacy, Language, Language and Literacy Development, Learning Disabilities / RTI, Literacy, Reading, Writing
- Ohio State University: Ph.D., 1978 Speech-Language Pathology
- Seton Hall University: M.A., 1974 Speech-Language Pathology
- Ohio State University: B.A., 1972 Speech and Hearing Education
- 2009-present. Professor in the School of Special Education, School Psychology and Early Childhood Studies
- 1993-2009. Professor and Coordinator of the Reading Diagnostics Clinic, UF Speech and Hearing Clinic 1998. Developed the University of Florida Reading Diagnostics and Treatment Clinic
- 1993. Promoted to Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida
- 1989. Sabbatical, Padova, Italy
- 1984. Tenured and promoted to Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders University of Florida
- 1978. Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida
Activities and Honors
- 2013. Alumni Award from the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Development of the Kindergarten Cognitive and Reading Assessment Tool for iPad (K-CRATI)
- Research Opportunity Fund (ROF)
Relationships between Visual Motility and Developmental Dyslexia
- Faculty Enhancement Opportunity (FE0)
- Lombardino, L., Lieberman, J., & Brown, J. (2005). Assessment of Literacy and Language (ALL). San Antonio: Harcourt: Inc.
- Eckert, M., Lombardino, L., Walczak, A., Bonihla, L., Leonard, C., & Binder, J. (2008). Complementary manual and automated measures of superior temporal gyrus asymmetry predict verbal ability in children. NeuorImage, 41, 813-822
- Puranik, C., Lombardino, L., & Altmann, L. (2008). Assessing the microstructure of written language using a retelling paradigm. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 17, 107-120.
- DiFino, S., Johnson, B., & Lombardino, L. (2008). The Role of the SLP in AssistingCollege Students with Dyslexia in Fulfilling Foreign Language Requirements: A Case Study. Contemporary Issues in Communication Disorders, 35, 54-64.
- Altmann, L., Lombardino, L., & Puranik, C. (2008). Sentence production in students with dyslexia. International Journal of Communication Disorders, 43, 55-76. Wiseheart, R., Altmann, L., Lombardino, L., & Park, H. (2009). Sentence comprehension in young adults with developmental dyslexia. Annals of Dyslexia, 59, 151-167.
- Giess, S., Rivers, K. O., Kennedy, K., & Lombardino, L. J. (2012). Effects of a multisensory phonics-based training on the word recognition and spelling skills of adolescents with reading disabilities. International Journal of Special Education, 27, 60-73.
- Lombardino, L., (2012). Assessing and Differentiating Reading & Writing Disorders: Multidimensional Model. Delmar/Cengage Publishers
- Park, J., & Lombardino, L. (2012). Comparison of phonological processing skills in children with mild-to-moderate sensorineural hearing loss and in children with dyslexia. American Annals of the Deaf, 157(3), 289-306.
- Park, J., Ritter, M., Lombardino, L., Wiseheart, B., & Sherman, S. (2012). Effectiveness of Phonological Awareness Intervention for Verbal Working Memory Skills of School-age Children with Specific Language Impairment, Research in Developmental Disabilities.
- Park, J., Ritter, M., & Lombardino, L. J., Wiseheart, R., & Sherman, S. (2013). Phonological awareness intervention for verbal working memory skills in school-age children with specific language impairment and concomitant word reading difficulties. International Journal of Research Studies in Language Learning. 3, XXX-XXX.