PO Box 117048
Gainesville, FL 32611
- School of Teaching and Learning
- Institute for Advanced Learning Technologies
Assessment and Evaluation, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavior, Cognition, Collaboration and Teaming, Data Collection and Analysis, Dropout Prevention, Educational / Instructional Design, Emerging Technologies, Mathematics Education, Online and Distance Education, Quantitative Research, Science Education, Statistics / Applied Stats, Technology Trends and Issues
- Ph.D. in Information Science and Learning Technologies, 2016 University of Missouri, Columbia
- B.Ed. in Educational Technology, 2009 Jilin Normal University
- Assistant Professor, Educational Technology, School of Teaching and Learning, University of Florida, 2019 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Educational Technology, Department of Educational Psychology and Leadership, Texas Tech University 2017- 2019
Activities and Honors
- Best Journal Article Award for the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) 2019 conference, Research and Theory Division, 2019
- Best Poster Award, 2015 The Consortium for the Science of Sociotechnical Systems Researchers, 2015
A Logic Programming Approach to Integrate Computing with Middle School Science Education
- National Science Foundation, STEM + Computing Program
- 2019 - 2022
Design Artificial Intelligence and Analytics for Deep STEM Learning
- National Science Foundation, Discovery Research PreK-12 Program
- 2018 - 2020
Dashboards with Temporal Scaffolds: Using Educational Data Mining to Increase Temporal Participation in Online Courses
- PSU Center for Innovation in Online Learning
- 2017 - 2018
- Xing, W., Popov, V., Zhu, G., Horwitz, P., & McIntyre, C. (2019). The effects of transformative and non-transformative discourse on individual performance in collaborative-inquiry learning. Computers in Human Behavior, 98, 267-276.
- Zheng, J., Xing, W., Zhu, G., Chen, G., Zhao, H., & Xie, C. (2019). Profiling self-regulation behaviors in STEM learning of engineering design. Computers & Education, 143, 103669.
- Xing, W. (2019). Large-scale path modeling of remixing to computational thinking. Interactive Learning Environments, 1-14.
- Pei, B., Xing, W., & Lee, H. S. (2019). Using automatic image processing to analyze visual artifacts created by students in scientific argumentation. British Journal of Educational Technology, 1-14.
- Xing, W., Tang, H., & Pei, B. (2019). Beyond positive and negative emotions: Looking into the role of achievement emotions in discussion forums of MOOCs. The Internet and Higher Education, 43, 100690.
- Xing, W. (2019). Exploring the influences of MOOC design features on student performance and persistence. Distance Education, 40(1), 98-113.
- Zhu, G., Xing, W., Costa, S., Scardamalia, M., & Pei, B. (2019). Exploring emotional and cognitive dynamics of Knowledge Building in grades 1 and 2. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction, 1-32.
- Xing, W., & Du, D. (2019). Dropout prediction in MOOCs: Using deep learning for personalized intervention. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 57(3), 547-570.
- Zhu, G., Xing, W., & Popov, V. (2019). Uncovering the sequential patterns in transformative and non-transformative discourse during collaborative inquiry learning. The Internet and Higher Education, 41, 51-61.
- Xing, W., & Gao, F. (2018). Exploring the relationship between online discourse and commitment in Twitter professional learning communities. Computers & Education, 126, 388-398.
- Xing, W., Goggins, S., & Introne, J. (2018). Quantifying the effect of informational support on membership retention in online communities through large-scale data analytics. Computers in Human Behavior, 86, 227-234.
- Wang, X., Xing, W., & Laffey, J. M. (2018). Autistic youth in 3D game?based collaborative virtual learning: Associating avatar interaction patterns with embodied social presence. British Journal of Educational Technology, 49(4), 742-760.
- Tang, H., Xing, W., & Pei, B. (2018). Exploring the temporal dimension of forum participation in MOOCs. Distance Education, 39(3), 353-372.
- Wang, X., Laffey, J., Xing, W., Galyen, K., & Stichter, J. (2017). Fostering verbal and non-verbal social interactions in a 3D collaborative virtual learning environment: A case study of youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders learning social competence in iSocial. Educational Technology Research and Development, 65(4), 1015-1039.
- Xing, W., Chen, X., Stein, J., & Marcinkowski, M. (2016). Temporal predication of dropouts in MOOCs: Reaching the low hanging fruit through stacking generalization. Computers in Human Behavior, 58, 119-129.
- Goggins, S., & Xing, W. (2016). Building models explaining student participation behavior in asynchronous online discussion. Computers & Education, 94, 241-251.
- Xing, W., Guo, R., Petakovic, E., & Goggins, S. (2015). Participation-based student final performance prediction model through interpretable Genetic Programming: Integrating learning analytics, educational data mining and theory. Computers in Human Behavior, 47, 168-181.
- Xing, W., Wadholm, R., Petakovic, E., & Goggins, S. (2015). Group learning assessment: Developing a theory-informed analytics. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18(2), 110-128.