Social Studies Education Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (official transcripts required) with a focus in a recognized social science discipline
- Upper division undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher (last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework)
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examination’sGeneral Knowledge Exam (note: can be waived with acceptable scores on the Graduate Records Examination(GRE)
- Pass the Florida Teacher Certification Examin Social Science, 6-12
- A statement of purpose essay explaining why this certificate program is a good fit for you and your intentions for continuing on and using this certificate as the first half of an online MAE in Social Studies Education
Application Terms and Deadlines
- Applications are now open
- Deadline to apply for Summer 2019: March 1, 2019
- Note: We admit students in summer term only and student teaching is only available in the fall term.
General admissions questions should be directed to Michelle Mark at email@example.com.
General application information from the Graduate School can be found here.