Facts and Figures
The Office of Educational Research has helped College of Education faculty build an impressive track record for winning large, competitive grants.
In the 2012–2013 fiscal year
- COE faculty members in all schools and centers have submitted a total of 66 proposals, requesting $66.8 million. Proposals were submitted to over 27 different agencies or organizations including:
- 18 to the National Science Foundation
- 9 to the US Department of Education, 5 of which were to the Institute of Educational Science
- 10 to the Florida Department of Education
- 2 to the Spencer Foundation
- Research funding per faculty member totaled over $426,000, representing a 39% increase from the previous fiscal year.
- COE principal investigators and co-principal investigators received funding for 22 proposals totaling over $30 million in new awards.
- Of the newly funded awards, 89% were funded by federal agencies or organizations.
- The COE experienced a 17% increase in the total dollar amount of newly funded awards as compared to the previous fiscal year.
- COE schools and centers have 67 currently funded projects totaling over $77.7 million.
- Of the currently funded projects, 73% were funded by federal agencies or organizations.
- The COE experienced a 39% increase in the total dollar amount of currently funded projects as compared to the previous fiscal year.
View the complete 2012-2013 Annual Report.