School of Human Development and Organizational Studies in Education
Welcome to the School of Human Development and Organizational Studies in Education (HDOSE). The School of HDOSE is an interdisciplinary group of faculty offering degree programs that share a focus on human behavior and well-being in organizational and community contexts. With approximately 250 students and more than thirty full and part-time faculty, the School of Human Development and Organizational Studies in Education (HDOSE) at the University of Florida offers master’s, specialist, and/or doctoral degrees in the program areas of Counselor Education, Educational Leadership, Higher Education Administration and Student Personnel in Higher Education, Research and Evaluation Methodology and Educational Psychology.
Striving for excellence a number of our programs and faculty have been recognized nationally. Our Counselor Education program continues to be ranked among the top five programs of its type in the country. Our faculty are regularly recognized by their respective national associations and have been selected as top graduate student mentors throughout the entire university.
We encourage you to explore our graduate programs and note the accomplishments of our faculty and students. To find out more information about the distinct programs within HDOSE, including faculty and staff directories for each program area please follow the link to the programmatic webpages. We hope you will join the School of Human Development and Organizational Studies in Education and encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have.
Some Additional Highlights:National Rankings:
- U.S. News and World Report has ranked Counselor Education (no. 2) in 2011 and Education Administration/Educational Leadership (no. 26) in 2010.
- Faculty & Program Recognition: Faculty have garnered programmatic, university, and national awards for their scholarship and professional service.
- Student Awards: Our doctoral students have received honors for excellence in teaching, research, and professional practice.
- Innovative Online Programs: We offer two Ed.D. programs focused on preparing education leaders in our Leadership in Education Administration Doctorate (LEAD) programs- Educational Leadership and Higher Education Administration.
- Doctoral Fellows: We support the intellectual and professional development of a number of Ph.D. students by providing opportunities to teach and produce scholarship.
- Centers: School centers include the Institute of Higher Education (IHE) and the Collaborate Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPES).
- Policy Conferences: School annually sponsors the Community College Futures Assembly and the National Education Finance Conference.