Dr. Tom Dana, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, is responsible for college-wide academic matters like curriculum affairs, national accreditation, state program approvals, distance education, and the compilation of various college reports. He also oversees other offices within the college including Assessment and Accreditation, Distance Education, and Information and Instructional Technology.
Areas of Responsibility
- Academic programs (including Academic Learning Compacts and Student Learning Outcomes)
- CAEP (formerly NCATE) Accreditation
- State of Florida educator preparation program reviews
- SACS reviews, reports, and implementation
- University Council of Teacher Education (UCOTE)
- Cooperative and academic partnership agreements
- Information Technology oversight
- Distance Learning Initiatives
- Self-Funded Programs and Entrepreneurial Activities
- Space and Facilities
- TEAMS (non-faculty) Grievances, Sexual Harassment
- Support for Classrooms
- Enrollment Management
- Student/Teacher Evaluation Administration
- Outside Activities (Conflict of Interest)
- Liaison to other college academic affairs offices
- Faculty Compensation
Dr. Thomasenia L. Adams, Associate Dean for Research, Graduate Studies, and Faculty Development manages faculty matters such as third year tenure reviews, tenure and promotion, sustained performance reviews, and sabbaticals.
Follow the links below for more information about areas of academic interest.