Dr. Tom Dana, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, is responsible for college-wide academic matters like curriculum affairs, national accreditation, state program approvals, distance education, and the compilation of various college reports. He also oversees other offices within the college including Assessment and Accreditation, Distance Education, and Information and Instructional Technology.
Areas of Responsibility
- Academic programs (including Academic Learning Compacts and Student Learning Outcomes)
- CAEP (formerly NCATE) Accreditation
- Cooperative and academic partnership agreements
- Distance Learning Initiatives
- Enrollment Management
- Faculty Bylaws
- Faculty Compensation
- Information Technology oversight
- Liaison to other college academic affairs offices
- Outside Activities (Conflict of Interest)
- SACS reviews, reports, and implementation
- Self-Funded Programs and Entrepreneurial Activities
- Space and Facilities
- State of Florida educator preparation program reviews
- Student/Teacher Evaluation Administration
- Support for Classrooms
- TEAMS (non-faculty) Grievances, Sexual Harassment
- University Council of Teacher Education (UCOTE)
Dr. Thomasenia L. Adams, Associate Dean for Research, Graduate Studies, and Faculty Development manages faculty matters such as third year tenure reviews, tenure and promotion, sustained performance reviews, and sabbaticals.
Follow the links below for more information about areas of academic interest.