Faculty Affairs Committee: Annual Report, April, 2012
The Faculty Policy Council listed the following tasks for the Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC) in September, 2011:
- Constitutional Charge: This committee shall be concerned with policies related to promotion, tenure, search and screen, load, in-service development, sabbatical leaves, etc. It shall also make recommendations to the Dean regarding sabbatical leaves.
- Last year this committee developed and passed guidelines for promotion of non-tenure line, clinical faculty and drafted guidelines for promotion of lecturers and scholars
- Immediate next task: Establish a schedule of regular meetings and move forward the guidelines for lecturers and scholars
The FAC consisted of two committee members from each school : STL (Erica de Jong and Kristen Kemple), SESPECS (Linda Lombardino and Nancy Dana), and HDOSE (David Miller and Jacqueline Swank). David Therriault was the FPC representative and David Miller was the chair.
The FAC engaged in two types of activities: making recommendations for awards to the Dean’s office and recommending policies to the FPC.
The awards that the FAC reviewed applications for and made recommendations to the Dean were:
Faculty Enhancement Opportunity
- Professional Developmental Leave
The policies that the FAC drafted for the FPC to approve/alter/reject were:
Constitution Revision: Role of the FAC
- Guidelines for Promotion of Full-Time Scholars
- Guidelines for Promotion of Full-Time Lecturers
- Annual Evaluation Reporting System
- Graduation Marshal Policy