Description: Are you looking to make a difference in this world? We are always looking for great people! Here, at GASP, we pride ourselves on making a difference in the lives of the children in our district. We provide academic support and recreational activities in a fun, safe, stimulating environment for children ages five and above. Are you interested in being a part of our awesome team?
- Current infant/child/adult CPR/1st Aid certification. (Gator CPR is currently offering an online course due to COVID-19). Please contact GASP for more information.
- Receive an “eligible” passing through the clearinghouse background check. (This will be set up for you to complete)
- Understand that facility personnel must begin training within 90 days from the date of employment in the child-care industry and complete Parts I and II within one year from the date the training began. (Completion includes passing all competency exams for each course.) These courses are your responsibility to work in childcare.
- Be willing/able to complete Florida DCF Driver’s Physical Examination. (This form will be provided in a new hire packet.)
- Have completed/begin other necessary training required by Florida DCF and GASP. This may include driver training courses.
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to coordinate structure and FUN with our students!
Time Commitment: Must be available to work 20-25 hours per week (with up to 28 hours) as a child-care counselor, 10-12 hours per week as a driver only. We are open 12:30pm-6:00pm, Monday-Friday during regular school days according to Alachua County Public Schools Calendar. During the summer, we are open 7:30am-6:00pm, as well as during some school holidays and holiday breaks. Counselors must be available to work different shifts throughout their time in this facility. During the summer and holidays, shifts may begin as early as 7:15am.
Contact/Website: For questions and full job details, please contact Gainesville’s After School program (GASP) at https://www.gnvasp.org