About Seaside School, Inc: Founded in 1996, The Seaside School, Inc. was one of the first and is now one of the oldest surviving public charter schools in the state of Florida. Currently, Seaside School has over 330 students across two campuses serving grades 5th through 12th. Seaside Neighborhood School serves 5th through 8th grades and is located in the town of Seaside, Florida. Located on the campus of nearby Northwest Florida State College, Seacoast Collegiate High School serves 9th through 12th grades offering students the ability to graduate high school with an associate college degree.
Description: Candidates should possess an ability to use and evaluate instructional materials and resources, including technology, which support the curriculum of high school mathematics. Essential duties include:
- Plans daily instructional activities for all students, demonstrating knowledge of subject matter and using state Standards of Learning.
- Develops formative and summative tests, using multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis, and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs
- Maintains order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and a well-organized learning environment
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance, and communicates this effectively with students and their parents
- Selects and uses a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students
- Communicated and coordinates instruction with other staff (special education, gifted, remediation staff, volunteers, etc.) relative to student learning
- Maintains professional manner when interacting with students, parents, patrons, community agencies and colleagues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a valid Florida teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility, master’s preferred, experience teaching AP courses preferred
Additional Information: Potential courses to be taught are Pre-AP Geometry, Algebra 2 Honors (second semester), AP Computer Science Principles
Minimum Starting Salary*: Bachelor’s Degree $47,500. The salary ranges used in this posting are for the 2020-21 school year. The annual salary for the 2021-22 school year will be determined by the Seaside Schools, Inc.
How To Apply: To be considered for a 2021-22 vacancy, you should provide the following: Teaching resume, letter of interest, copy of your Florida or out-of-state teaching license, and official or unofficial college transcripts.
Send all attachments to Dr. Scott O’Prey, Principal, Seacoast Collegiate High School at email@example.com