Description: We are looking for a responsible, reliable, and experienced person to provide after-school care for a 4yo (Pre-K) and 7yo (2nd grade) in Northwest Gainesville (Suburban Heights). We hope to find someone who can pick the girls up from school (Brentwood School and Littlewood Elementary) at ~1.30-2.00pm and provide care until 4.30pm each weekday*. You would primarily watch the kids in our home but outings (e.g., park, museum, zoo) are definitely welcomed. We are offering $200/week.
The two adults in our home are vaccinated against COVID-19 and our children will be vaccinated as soon as the option is available to them. We always wear masks when we go inside public spaces and take reasonable precautions to keep our unvaccinated kids safe. We would expect our childcare provider to do the same.
*Please note: We will consider hiring someone who cannot provide transportation home from school for the kids as long as you have a reliable way to be at our house by 2pm. We would also consider someone to work fewer days each week if every day is not an option. We can work together to negotiate a pay rate in these situations.
- At least one year of childcare experience
- Reliable access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license (if providing transportation)
- At least three references (at least one must be directly relevant to childcare)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Comfortable with a dog in the home (though you do not have to interact with her)
- CPR or other safety training
- Background in education or child development
- Commitment for the entirety of the fall semester
- Comfort supervising the kids swimming in our pool
Contact: Please email a short resume or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of previous relevant experience and information about your availability. We will meet with interested individuals on a rolling basis.