How We Work
We take new clients on a first come, first-serve basis. In the event there are no openings, we will either put you on a waiting list or recommend alternate resources. We have observed that when family members are involved in the counseling process that clients experiencing personal, couple, or family-related difficulties can be helped more effectively. Thus, we invite families/significant others to be involved.
First, we will talk via phone to make sure our services match your needs. Once the appointment is made, we ask that all the key people involved attend the sessions. This will allow us to learn more about what is happening, what has been tried, and what is needed. Counseling sessions are scheduled for 60 minutes on a weekly basis, during the semester, and you will meet with the same counselor each week. Transfers are possible from semester to semester if deemed necessary.
Information and Expectation
- NO FEES are charged for services you receive. However, we will be asking for your consent to video your counseling sessions. We tape all sessions in order to provide feedback to the counselors from the clinic staff and provide you with the highest quality service.
- Videotaping and live supervision allow for observing and consulting with training faculty to provide effective counseling. Our policy is to erase all session videos after one year from the completion of the counseling relationship.
- Our team consultation approach allows for added feedback given to your counselor(s) as he/she/they work with you in session. Your counselor(s) will also take a short break during session to consult with the team.
- We will also ask you to complete a few forms when you begin, and at the end of the semester with us. This information will be used to better understand what you’re bringing to us and discover ways we might be more effective in helping others.
- Clients are asked to sign a form acknowledging their agreement to participate as clinic clients.
- We ask that you keep appointments. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call us. If you need to cancel, we ask you give us at least 24 hours notice.
- Missing appointments without calling and more than 2 cancellations may result in termination of services as we have other clients awaiting services.
You can expect that any information shared will be considered confidential. We place a high value on what you share with us.
Forms – here you will find the forms that we will need for your first session. Please download and complete the forms, bringing the completed forms along with you for your first session with your counselor.