The Student Affairs Office of Assessment and Research (SAAR) champions a culture of evidence-based decision making for the University of Florida’s Division of Student Affairs. As a shared service department, SAAR supports the assessment efforts of other Student Affairs departments, as well as advances the assessment and research agenda of the Division. Regular projects support the department’s six strategies: capacity building, data management, project management, reporting, research, and strategic planning. For more information about SAAR, visit the department website: https://assessment.ufsa.ufl.edu/.
Assistantship Title: Graduate Assistant, Student Affairs Assessment & Research
- Serve as an integral member of the SAAR team by actively participating in departmental strategic planning, team meetings, and department events.
- Collaborate with department staff on departmental and divisional projects, including those related to capacity building, data management, project management, reporting, research, and strategic planning.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director to develop, refine, implement, and assess the SAAR assessment course: Getting Savvy with Assessment!
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Rate of pay/stipend: $16,000 per academic year (new comp rate= $820.51 X 19.5 pay periods per academic year).
- Tuition waiver or scholarship offered and details: Tuition waiver is included. If you meet the state’s eligibility requirements for Florida residency status, you will be expected to apply for Florida residency as soon as you are eligible. Detailed information on applying for Florida residency can be found at the following website: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/residency.html
- Benefits (health care, etc.): eligible to enroll in the GatorGradCare health insurance plan.
- Length of Assistantship: 9 months, with possibility to work part-time over the summer.
- Start date and end date: August 16, 2020 – May 15, 2021.
- Hours worked: Average 20 hours of work per week, ability to schedule flexibly, no on-call or weekend hours, rare evenings.
- Student qualifications required for a graduate assistantship: https://hr.ufl.edu/manager-resources/recruitment-staffing/hiring-center/preparing-an-offer/requirements-for-an-appointment/#gradstudent.
Start Date: As soon as position is filled
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled, but SAAR will begin reviewing applications and screening candidates beginning Friday, August 14th.
- All prospective candidate meeting the minimum requirements for the position are encouraged to apply.
- Only top candidates with professional experience and skills relevant to the Graduate Assistant Job Description and the scope of SAAR’s work (attached) will receive follow-up phone interviews.
- The order in which applications are received will inform the order of follow-up calls to top qualified candidates.
Application Process: Please submit…
1. an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae
2. a cover letter highlighting interest in the position as well as professional qualifications relevant to the scope of SAAR’s work (gleaned from SAAR website and related resources)
3. to email@example.com
4. with a subject line that reads, Graduate Assistant Application: [Last name(s), First name(s)]