What is LiveText by Watermark?
The College of Education is dedicated to ensuring we collect data on our courses and use this information to continuously improve our programs’ excellence. As part of this process, we are now using LiveText.com to collect assessments from instructors, students, and mentor teachers. LiveText by Watermark will post assessments each semester, and you will be asked to complete them by the end of the semester for the College of Education. While not all courses have associated assessments, you are required to complete any available assessments. Near the end of each semester, you should receive timely email reminders sent to the email address that is registered with your LiveText account. The deadline for completing all assessments coincides with the deadline for submitting end of term grades.
LiveText by Watermark Account
1) If you are serving as a Mentor Teacher for a UF student, the College of Education will send a cooperating mentor teacher account to your school/district email address. You should receive this email as soon as the placement is confirmed. These assessments review the UF student’s performance in your classroom and provide the College of Education with quantitative data on the performance of our students. This allows the college to identify areas for improvement within our programs.
If you did not receive the account email, please contact Rebecca Kidwell at email@example.com . The LiveText account activation email is sent directly from LiveText and should read as follows:
Email Subject: Your Field Experience Mentor Account
“Dear YOUR NAME,
Thank you for agreeing to be a field experience mentor. You have been added to a list of available mentors and will be notified when a placement is made. During this placement, assessments and other activities will be managed through an online application called LiveText.
To log in, go to www.livetext.com, and enter the following username and password:
User name: [YOUR USERNAME… this will be customized for your account.]
Password: [YOUR PASSWORD… this will be customized for your account.]
Thank you for the contributions you will make to your mentee’s professional development.”
2) Visit https://www.livetext.com/, and enter your login information in the top-right corner of the LiveText screen.
3) The first time you visit LiveText.com, you will be asked to select a security question. This is added in case you ever forget your username and/or password and need helping logging in. Your LiveText username will never change, but you have the OPTION to change the password by:
4) Clicking “My Account” in the upper right corner
5) Clicking “Change Password.” You will be asked to enter the old password first, then to enter and confirm the new password you created.