https://education.ufl.edu/faculty-policy/files/2016/08/faculty-policy-council-logo.png 0 0 chrisribe https://education.ufl.edu/faculty-policy/files/2016/08/faculty-policy-council-logo.png chrisribe2010-12-16 14:31:262011-03-21 16:04:5116 December, 2010 Strategic Planning Meeting Minutes
16 December, 2010 Strategic Planning Meeting Minutes
Members attending: Tina Smith Bonahue (ex officio), Hazel Jones, Tracy Linderholm, Buffy Bondy, Paul Sindelar, Ruth Lowery, Dorene Ross, Kathy Long (ex officio), Cirecie West Olatunji, Jean Crockett
Members not attending: Dale Campbell
Visitor: Jodi Gentry
Important information to include in interim report to the Dean (i.e. verbal report prior to the written report that Jodi will produce)
- 70 people attending with strong representation from each department
- Vast majority of people stayed for the entire meeting
- Provide a copy of the retreat agenda
- Provide the names of each of white paper leaders and focal topic for each white paper
Committee perceptions of the retreat
- The turn out was exceptional and people stayed engaged
- There was some concern that the connection between morning and afternoon might have been clearer to people and Jodi will clarify this in the written report.
- It was noted that many people participated but with skepticism and want something to happen at end. Clarity about next steps will be important at every phase of the strategic planning process.
- In the written report Jodi will add a section that will explain the outcomes of entire process and how concept papers will be used to help us make progress toward these outcomes.
- All faculty (whether they were able to attend the retreat or not) will be invited to join or shift their work groups as needed.
- The Long Range Planning committee will check in with groups regularly to make sure they are making progress.
- Because of the overlap of topics, a representative of the Long Range Planning committee will investigate whether the smaller quality group would like to join the competition group.
- Several strategies were generated to get feedback from faculty and help keep interest in the strategic planning process alive:
- Send a thank you for coming email (Tina)
- Send a survey to get reaction to the day
- Remind faculty that they can join work groups and announce strategic planning meetings for the remainder of the spring.
Distribution of the summary
- Jodi will send to Paul and Dorene.
- Committee will review and then it will go to faculty and the Deans.
Strategic Planning whole faculty meetings for Spring:
February 11, 1:30 to 3:30
March 18, 1:30 to 5:00
April 15, 1:30 to 5:00