About Our Services
The Office of Educational Research (OER) supports and develops research, training, and service activities for faculty as follows:
Identify funding sources and promote research activities.
- Search for and disseminate relevant funding opportunities through OER’S weekly Funding and Award Opportunities and monthly Research Bulletin These newsletters include a list of submitted and funded projects, research events, and news of interest.
- Send targeted emails to faculty with select funding opportunities aligning with their research agendas.
- Serve as a liaison with external funding organizations and UF agencies.
- Assist faculty to acquire seed funds for external funding such as the College Research Incentive Fund (CRIF) and the Research Opportunity Seed Fund (ROSF).
- Compile OER Annual Reports, outlining data on externally funded projects and grant activities in the COE.
Provide faculty professional development (PD) opportunities.
- Encourage faculty participation in external PD opportunities.
- Introduce new faculty to COE resources and funding opportunities to develop their academic portfolios.
- Provide training opportunities and resources to support research (i.e., research design, quantitative and qualitative analyses, project management).
- Organize professionalization events (e.g., Brown Bag Series, COE’s Endowed Professorship Speaker Series).
Build collaborative research teams.
- Develop cross-departmental and cross-university collaborative teams.
- Establish and sustain strategic partnerships.
- Maintain web-based COE research profiles and spotlights.
Support development & submission of proposals.
- Provide consultation to help guide principal investigators (PIs) through the proposal submission process.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) to assist with funding agency requirements.
- Connect faculty with grant-writing consultants and mentors.
- Provide samples of successful proposals and present suggestions for project design.
- Develop budgets, assess cost-sharing requests, and coordinate sub-contract processes, as needed.
- Provide support for development of various proposal components (e.g., budgets, budget justifications, narratives, proposal summaries, proposal ancillaries, boilerplate materials).
- Ensure funding agency forms are completed accurately.
- Perform UFIRST uploads.
- Facilitate internal review for applicable limited funding opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison with various university offices (e.g., Division of Sponsored Programs, Contracts and Grants, Graduate School, Institutional Review Board, Provost’s Office) and funding agencies.
Facilitate faculty award, tenure, and promotion processes.
- Provide support for faculty application to select internal and external awards.
- Showcase faculty scholarship through the Research Spotlights.
- Work collaboratively with various College committees (e.g., Research Advisory Committee, Lectures Seminar and Awards Committee, Sabbatical Committee) to facilitate award review processes.
- Facilitate the tenure and promotion process and work collaboratively with the Tenure & Promotion Committee.