IES Announces FY 2021 Applications for New Awards
The Institute of Education Sciences (IES) has announced the FY 2021 funding opportunities for Education Research and Special Education Research. See the Federal Register notice May 4, 2020 for Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers 84.305A, 84.305B, 84.305C, 84.305R, 84.324A, 84.324B, 84.324P, and 84.324R.
Letter of Intent due: June 11, 2020
Application package available: June 11, 2020
Deadline for transmittal of application: August 20, 2020
IES also has announced the FY 2021 funding opportunities for Statistical and Research Methodology in Education and Using Longitudinal Data to Support State Education Policymaking. See the Federal Register notice March 25, 2020 for CFDA numbers 84.305D and 84.305S
Letter of Intent due: May 28, 2020
Application package available: May 7, 2020
Deadline for transmittal of application: July 30, 2020
Please let Ana (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are pursuing one of these RFPs so OER can provide support. You will be added to our queue on a first-come, first-served basis. We look forward to working with you. You can find the OER Capital Needs Form here: https://education.ufl.edu/educational-research/capital-needs-form
Please visit https://ies.ed.gov/funding/ for more details.
National Center for Education Research (NCER)
84.305A Education Research
- Career and Technical Education
- Civics Education and Social Studies
- Cognition and Student Learning
- Early Learning Programs and Policies
- Effective Instruction
- English Learners
- Improving Education Systems
- Postsecondary and Adult Education
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education
- Social and Behavioral Context for Academic Learning
84.305B Research Training Programs in the Education Sciences
- Pathways to the Education Sciences Research Training Program
- Postdoctoral Research Training Program in the Education Sciences
- Methods Training for Education Researchers
84.305C Education Research and Development Centers
- Improving Teaching and Learning in Postsecondary Institutions
84.305D Statistical and Research Methodology in Education
- Under this competition, NCER invites applications to develop new methodological approaches, to extend and improve existing methods, and to create other tools that can enhance the ability of researchers to conduct high quality, scientific education research.
84.305R Research Grants Focused on Systematic Replication
- Under this competition, NCER will consider only applications that address identifying what works in education through systematic replication.
84.305S Using Longitudinal Data to Support State Education Policymaking
- Under this competition, NCER seeks to expand state education agencies’ use of their state longitudinal data systems (SLDS) to provide evidence for use when making policy decisions.
National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER)
84.324A Special Education Research
- Cognition and Student Learning
- Early Intervention and Early Learning
- Educators and School-Based Service Providers
- Families of Children with Disabilities
- Reading, Writing, and Language
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Competence
- Systems, Policy, and Finance
- Transition to Postsecondary Education, Career, and/or Independent Living
84.324B Research Training Programs in Special Education
- Early Career Development and Mentoring
- Methods Training for Special Education Research
84.324P Research Grants Focused on NAEP Process Data for Learners with Disabilities
- Under this competition, NCSER will consider only applications using the restricted-use data, including the NAEP process data, from the 2017 eighth-grade NAEP mathematics assessment to examine outcomes for students with disabilities.
84.324R Research Grants Focused on Systematic Replication
- Under this competition, NCSER will consider only applications that address identifying what works in special education through systematic replication.