https://education.ufl.edu/student-services/files/2016/09/headerblue.png 0 0 patcasey https://education.ufl.edu/student-services/files/2016/09/headerblue.png patcasey2021-05-06 19:08:252021-05-07 10:32:28From the IES Director: Turning to the Future
From the IES Director: Turning to the Future
In part 1 of his anniversary blog, Institute of Education Sciences (IES) Director Mark Schneider documented the progress of IES, but there is a lot more work to be done. In part 2 of his blog, Dr. Schneider emphasized the following initiatives:
- Provide a strong foundation for the next five years at IES by using results from the Three National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM) commissioned studies: (1) updating the research mission of IES, (2) focusing on the future of National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), and (3) modernizing National Assessment of Education Progress (NAEP) technology.
- Focus on better identifying the audiences for IES data and reports.
- Modify the IES website to make data more usable.
- Establish a Center for Excellence in Education Data Sciences within IES.
- Be a good shepherd of the $100 million in new funding from the American Rescue Plan.
- Create new programs to continue supporting use of State Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) program data to answer questions raised by researchers, by state policy makers, and by parents and students.
- Continue to evolve into an organization that learns from failure.
- Continue investment in transformative research, through partnering with NSF, private foundations, and state/local governments.
Read the complete blog here: Turning to the Future, April 14, 2021