From Admission to Completion:
Successfully Navigating the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) Degree
School of Teaching & Learning (STL), College of Education
A. Upon Admission to Your Graduate Program
1. Obtain your Gatorlink account through UF’s Computing Help Desk
2. Send your Gatorlink username (which is your UFL email address) to: Ms. Kay Curcio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Familiarize yourself with your student profile within ONE.UF. Provide the University with your emergency contact information. Do this by using your http://my.ufl.edu account. Use your Gatorlink name and password to enter the system. You must do this every semester prior to registration time; you can’t register for classes without doing so.
4. Schedule an appointment with your advisor. Contact information for your advisor is found in your admissions letter that you received.
5. Attend the STL Orientation for new specialist students early in your first semester.
6. Check your UFL email account regularly to get important updates from the UF Graduate School, the College of Education, and STL.
B. During your First Semester
1. Schedule an appointment with your advisor to set your program of study. Download the Specialist in Education program of study form. When you and your advisor have completed and signed your program of study, submit it to the STL Graduate Studies Office in Norman 2403.
C. Each Semester in Your Program
1. Schedule an appointment with your advisor to make sure you are on track with your program of study. Determine your appropriate courses for the upcoming semester(s).
2. Update your emergency contact information at http://my.ufl.edu so you can be cleared for registration.
D. The Semester You Graduate
1. Apply to graduate through ONE.UF (https://one.uf.edu/) before the posted deadline from the UF Graduate School.
2. Make sure you are registered for a minimum of 3 credit hours the semester you are graduating (2 credits if in the summer).
3. Be certain to register for the correct number of EDG 6910, “Supervised Research” credits. (5 hours total is the maximum allowed). Please contact Tom McMorrow (email@example.com) for assistance with registration prior to any posted registration deadlines.
4. Contact your chair to schedule the exam/project/portfolio and subsequent oral defense. Because there is often only one defense date each semester, be certain to plan early to schedule it.
1. Follow all instructions from the UF Graduate School and COE Student Services regarding graduation instructions. These are sent to your UFL email account.
2. The UF Bookstore is where you order, pick up, and return graduation regalia.
3. Graduate, Celebrate, and Succeed!
Steps to Complete After Admission (printable version)
Steps for Florida Teacher Certification
Ed.S. Programs of Study Forms:
— Educational Specialist Program (Ed.S.)
Teacher Leadership for School Improvement Online Specialist (please contact your advisor for more information regarding your planned program of study).
— Change of Program form
To enact changes to your program, complete this form in consultation with your faculty advisor.