https://education.ufl.edu/student-services/files/2016/09/headerblue.png 0 0 patcasey https://education.ufl.edu/student-services/files/2016/09/headerblue.png patcasey2019-04-08 09:33:592019-04-08 09:33:59NCES Announces the 2019 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference
NCES Announces the 2019 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is accepting proposals for the STATS-DC Data Conference, July 24–26, 2019 in Washington, DC. This year’s theme is “Providing Evidence to Drive Education.” The conference is free and open to the public.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, April 19, 2019.
To submit a concurrent session or exhibitor proposal, please visit https://ies.ed.gov/whatsnew/conferences/?id=5024
More details about the conference, including hotel and registration information, will be available at a later time.
Highlights of the conference include the following:
- Discussions of technical and policy issues related to the collection, maintenance, and use of education data for education researchers, policymakers, and data system managers
- Innovations in the design and implementation of education data collections and information systems from all levels of government
- Informative sessions on the Common Core of Data (CCD), Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) and changes in how the Department of Education collects and uses data
- Tutorials on data collection, data linking beyond K-12, data management, data privacy, data quality, data standards, data use (analytical and instructional), and fiscal data
- Updates on federal and state activities affecting data collection and reporting, with a focus on best practices in collecting, reporting, and using education statistics