COE Accomplishments in 2014
We want to congratulate the COE faculty for their accomplishments in 2014 and look forward to continued success in 2015. We are constantly on the lookout for opportunities for external funding to share. Contact us—we are here to help! Listed below are some noteworthy statistics from the 2013-2014 fiscal year:
- COE faculty members in all schools and centers submitted 70 proposals, requesting $32.2 million. Proposals were submitted to 41 different agencies including:
- One proposal to the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Two to the U.S. Department of Justice (US DOJ)
- Eight to the U.S. Department of Education (US DOE), including one to the Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- Six for IES subcontracts
- Ten to the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Seven to the Florida Department of Education (FL DOE)
- Two to the Spencer Foundation
- Research funding per faculty member totaled over $389,653. Of the 191 eligible COE faculty members, 56 (29.3%) submitted proposals for external funding as principal investigator (PI) or Co-PI.
- COE PIs and Co-PIs received funding for 30 new proposals totaling over $8 million. These new awards included two contracts from the NSF.
- Of the total dollar amount of newly funded awards, 7% was funded by federal agencies or organizations.
- The total number of newly funded awards increased by 36.4% as compared to the previous fiscal year.
- COE schools and centers have 71 currently funded projects totaling over $74.4 million.
- Of the total dollar amount of currently funded projects, 72% were funded by federal agencies or organizations.
- The COE experienced a 6.0% increase in the total number of currently funded projects as compared to the previous fiscal year.
View the complete 2013-2014 OER Annual Report.